Wednesday, December 2, 2009

For my nails are as strong as yours, and my outlook as great!

Winter... YOU HAVE NO POWER OVER ME!

So last winter I was, among other undesirable things, a mess of dry-weather-related afflictions. I was basically like one of the characters from Stephen King's Thinner; I was turning into some sort of scaly, alienating, alligator-like creature (that's from the book version - not sure if alligator boy is in the movie).

Things have changed a lot since that time, but one thing that remains the same is my system's sensitivity to dry, cold, pollution-rich Toronto winter air. Being more self-aware, and learning to take care of myself a bit better has led me to take some precautions and learn about alternatives (an alternative to suffering and discomfort for about 6 months of the year? Sign me up please and thank you!) And thus I present one of my newfound saviors:



Flax oil is brilliant and I can't say enough good things about it. It doesn't taste awful, you can put in in pretty much any cold dish, it's actually affordable, and goddamn, it saved my skin. I had never realized how important internal juiciness is to people's overall well-being.

WONDERFUL SIDE BONUS TIME! My fingernails used to be the dry, brittle kind that ads in the back of magazines would claim could be fixed by using their expensive, tiny-bottled potions and tonics. I never cared enough about this problem to pay money for some ridiculous product, so I just kept them short. But since discovering my flaxy, oily new friend, my digits are more along the lines of this guy:


But thankfully I now have much, MUCH better skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment